A detox bath is one of my favorite ways to support the body and all of its systems. It aids to flush out built-up toxins, strengthen the immune system, promote concentration, provide proper muscle and nerve function, and promote relaxation and sleep. The best part is, you can customize to whatever your body is craving at that time. So mix and match whatever essential oils are calling your name!
- 1/4 cup baking soda (pour in running water)
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- 1/4 cup fractionated coconut oil or carrier oil of your choice
- 5-10 drops of your desired essential oil(s)
Mix Epsom salt, coconut oil and essential oil(s) until mixed evenly and pour into your bath.
- Adding baking soda to your water before getting in, aids to neutralize the chemicals in your bath water. If you have an in-home filtration system you can skip this step.
- Mixing the Epsom salt with your essential oils first provides maximum benefits of both ingredients.
- Adding a carrier oil aids in essential oil absorption and also leaves your skin silky smooth.
- Try to soak for 20 minutes to get the best results.
- Don’t use any soaps unless they’re toxin free. Hot water opens up your pores and you don’t want to introduce any chemicals that may be found in your soap. My favorite toxin free soap to use if you’re looking for more of a sudsy bubble bath feel is Dr. Bronner’s.
- I stay away from washing my hair here, the coconut oil can make it greasy.
- It’s important to hydrate your body after your bath. Be sure to drink plenty of high-quality H2O!
Here is my favorite detox bath blend that aids to open up my airways, support my immune system, soothe my achy muscles and leaves my skin glowing. What more could a girl ask for? And for you mommas out there, this is good for the little ones too! Stay healthy friends!